KPLI Group D
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharing Is Caring~

+2
wzhiyin85
kCphOenIx
6 posters

Go down

Sharing Is Caring~ Empty Sharing Is Caring~

Post  kCphOenIx Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:11 pm

From the very first day we (Uthaya, Dhillen, Rizal and I) were being psyco by our cooperating teacher, who is also the GPK KOKO of the school, regarding the school culture. LOL (Laugh Out Loudly)!! I understand what is happening to the school. Many cases were regarding the student with the teachers, or teachers with the parents, or even worst, school with the parents! Problems~ It keeps on coming.. Mr Chong (GPK KOKO) says, "I don't understand what are the parents thinking, if they really hate this school so much, why are they still sending their kids here?" (Because parents complain a lot, and 'SAMAN' happens too!) Hahaha!! It is true. Right?

I have seen this cases during the time i was teaching at the primary this early of the year. But it is not as worse as the school we are observing now. It is because most of the parents here are Lawyers, Doctors, Lectures and etc. They are really educated one. When they are educated one, you will know how well their children are. Mr Chong mentioned that, more than 75% students from the school are well educated in English Language. (WOW, What the hell!) Pressure arise...... The students might even better in english than the teachers, how are the teachers going to teach them still?

From the book (Nesamalar ELTM), page 16, Evaluation of learning - Often teachers assess their success by looking at students' exam success. This is not good. Many of the most important aspects of language learning are not measured and sometimes not measurable through exams. Many teachers do not pay attention to listening and speaking skills because they are not tested in public examinations. And so on... When the time i saw this sentences, (I got the feeling.. Woohooo..) how am i going to apply this way of teaching in the school i am observing now? 100 over of questions are surrounding me now. (Gosh, i gonna fail my practicum) The students are good until the knowledge from the text books are only ''wet wet water' for them. Their level of English Language is like in secondary or higher level. Even the pronunciation of the kids is far more accurate than us.

English in the particular school has not created any problems, but not other languages like Mandarin. Pupils there are weaker in Mandarin compare to English. According to our research, we found out that students are more preferable towards English story book (or books in English Language) rather than in Mandarin.

Well, further information will be share with you guys after our observations soon. I hope we can get something valuebles form there. Oh, before i end up things here, we get the chances to relief classes starting from the 1st day and 2nd too! Erm... Good experience. Comparison made. Effectiveness of activities observed. Problems faced. These crazy topics will share to you all soon. ^^

Have more fun during SBE!!! Oh ya!! Do remind you guys, do not forget about our homeworks and assignments, even presentation too!!! Hahaha~ Life is never GREAT without you all. Stay Healthy and Take Good Care. ChaoZz...

Best regards,

kCphOenIx

2.10pm.
BurgerKing, Midvally Megamall. bom lol! afro flower jocolor affraid
kCphOenIx
kCphOenIx
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sharing Is Caring~ Empty Re: Sharing Is Caring~

Post  wzhiyin85 Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:07 pm

Thanks for sharing. Smile

wzhiyin85

Back to top Go down

Post  deon85 Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:36 pm

LOL. Always the same. The school I was working in previously also has the same problem. Somehow it has become tough for teacher to cope with the expectation of the parents whom many of them have high IQ and qualifications. Although easier to say that teacher must evolve with the everchanging world of education, sometimes I doubt it will work that way. Teachers are also human, we can cope only to a certain degree before we are saturated. For now, it would be wise to learn as much as you can from SBE and share the knowledge and experience with everyone so that we can better equip ourselves when it comes to practicum.
deon85
deon85

Back to top Go down

Post  kCphOenIx Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:26 pm

[quote]LOL. Always the same. The school I was working in previously also has the same problem. Somehow it has become tough for teacher to cope with the expectation of the parents whom many of them have high IQ and qualifications. Although easier to say that teacher must evolve with the everchanging world of education, sometimes I doubt it will work that way. Teachers are also human, we can cope only to a certain degree before we are saturated. For now, it would be wise to learn as much as you can from SBE and share the knowledge and experience with everyone so that we can better equip ourselves when it comes to practicum.

True Deon. Hope everyone can share their experience here. So, we are well-prepare for the true world.. More are coming.. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
kCphOenIx
kCphOenIx
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sharing Is Caring~ Empty The Same..ere...

Post  JiWa_KosonG Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:30 am

Hello...wargh..the third day for SBE and can't wait to quickly finish this up......feeling kinda awkward at first but the situation resolve a bit..now..I GUESS..huhu..wishing everybody the best for ur days ahead during SBE...chow... sunny

JiWa_KosonG

Back to top Go down

Post  deon85 Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:52 pm

Alright, just to share with everyone about the one and a half hour activity that was conducted by our group (Nimala, Ruth, Winnie, Kong, n me) today afternoon. This is an activity conducted in the English Society. Only 10 Year 5 pupils are involved since the rest are preparing for UPSR exam.

At first, we thought it was not so bad but somehow, there is more than meets the eye. The pupils are good and fluent in English. I was telling myself they are much better than me. They are indeed advanced learner. Our first activity was an ice breaking session. The pupils were asked to draw something that they could use to describe themselves. However, the pupils were quite reluctant to do the task that was given. No

Then, we conduct a group activity where each group were required to write an ending for a story and then act in front of others. At first, the boys didn't wanted to participate because they say they knew about the story. Luckily, Nimala managed to persuade them and all 3 groups were able to finished the task. After that, they presented it. By this time, the groups started to enjoy themselves and they manage to do quite some good performance. This makes us feel relieve... Lastly, we asked them to sing the song of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star in their own style. They did enjoy themself a bit there and one group sang using the World Cup song. Marvelous. Indeed they are very good. Far better than many others except they are not exposed to this new method of teaching. They ended up lacking in creativity, spoiled, problematic in someways and very self-centered.

Hopefully, many might be able to learn a thing or two from this long and boring story. First, analyse your pupils ways of learning. Whatever reaction you get when you ask them to sing (or to do other activities) might give a bit of hint as to whether your methods might succeed or not (not 100% true but at least to a certain degree).

Lastly, we need to be far and much more prepared than the pupils. I did made an error in spelling. I did misspelled a word- "hilarious". A pupil corrected me on it. "Hillarious" is the correct one. So smart of them. Unfortunately, there was no wrong in my answer. "Hilarious" is the correct one. "Hillarious" is a common mistake made by many. So, teachers, be careful. I learned my lesson. Be careful and always enriched your vocabularies.

Here you go. Learn and progress as you go. It might be tough for everyone teaching in a city but we must be prepared to face the "situation" during our practicum. So, be warned. The APOCALYPSE draw nigh. lol! Sorry, I felt very bored, so... I wrote this tongue

Side notes: Expected KC and Dhya to reply What a Face

Last edited by deon85 on Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:00 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Repairing mistakes in sentences, misspelled words, past tenses and so on. ugh...)
deon85
deon85

Back to top Go down

Post  WeiNee Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:14 pm

we all have 2 'jia you'... cheers we still have 1 week 2 go... dont let the students scare u all.. i believe that we will do it better if we equip ourselves wif the knowledges and vocabulary... prepare earlier 4 ur group activities ya... ~Remember we can make the difference~ lol!
WeiNee
WeiNee

Back to top Go down

Post  kCphOenIx Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:40 am

KAnasai Deon~Haha.. Well.. OF course you mightface problems like that. But somehow, you guys overcome it. When the time goes by, they know your style, you understand their needs, pupils and teachers will have good cooperation. First thing you must do is get yourself involve with the kids, indirectly you must build a 'TRUST' between you and the pupils. When it does, you can control everything easily~

I agree with you Deon. We have to be 'well-equiped', with bullets, machines guns, and even armor. Well, well, well... At least we still can survive in front of those Devils huh? LOL~

Besides, Teachers, you have to be confident. It's very important. Or else, the pupils will try to 'kenakan' you.. Beware hor.. hahaha..

kCphOenIx~

wana sleep d~ XD
kCphOenIx
kCphOenIx
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  David Ong Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:22 am

kCphOenIx wrote:KAnasai Deon~Haha.. Well.. OF course you mightface problems like that. But somehow, you guys overcome it. When the time goes by, they know your style, you understand......

KAnasai? Suspect
lolz.. deon KAnasai~
David Ong
David Ong
Admin

https://classdkpliipba.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: